Different types of Amazon advertising videos
In the dynamic world of e-commerce, Amazon stands as a global giant, and its advertising platform is a key player in helping businesses reach their target audience. Among the various advertising tools offered by Amazon, video advertising has emerged as a powerful and engaging way for sellers to showcase their products.
What is an Amazon advertising video?
An Amazon advertising video is like a short, eye-catching commercial for a product that sellers can showcase on Amazon. These videos appear on the product page, and they're a way for sellers to tell a quick and compelling story about their product. Sellers need to be part of the Amazon brand registry to upload these videos. So, it's a visual way for sellers to grab shoppers' attention and make their products stand out.
Placements On Amazon
Available in the following placements:
- Home Page - Desktop - 300 x 250
- Home Page - Smartphones (Below the Fold) - 300 x 250
- Home Page - Tablet Shopping App - 300 x 250
- Detail Page - Smartphones - 414 x 125
- Detail Page - Desktop - 970 x 250
- Fire tablet (beta) (available in US, UK, DE) (requires custom background)
Amazon video ads are required to follow existing creative policies for supported placements.
Ad units must include the following assets:
Video files will be transcoded to optimize their size and appearance in Amazon’s ad placements.
Make sure your video does not include call-to-action elements that encourage clicking (e.g., a button shape that says “learn more”). Clicking on the video player will play or restart the video with sound enabled.
What are the different types of Amazon advertising videos?
Amazon Sponsored Brands Video:
- These videos appear in prominent positions on Amazon's search results and product detail pages. Sponsored Brands videos are a great way for sellers to introduce their brand and products to potential customers.
- These videos can be up to 45 seconds long and auto-play when visible on the screen. They are usually accompanied by a headline, a product carousel, and a call-to-action button.
- Best Practices: Keep the video concise, focus on highlighting key features, and ensure the branding is clear from the start.
Amazon Sponsored Products Video:
- These videos are embedded within product listings, providing a visual demonstration of the product's features and benefits. Sponsored Products videos are designed to increase conversion rates by offering a more immersive shopping experience.
- These videos are limited to 60 seconds and are manually initiated by the shopper. They appear on both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Best Practices: Showcase the product in action, address common customer pain points, and include a strong call-to-action to drive conversions.
Amazon Stores Video:
- Amazon Stores allow brands to create a customized storefront with multiple pages, and videos can be embedded to enhance the overall shopping experience. These videos are instrumental in telling a brand's story and building a connection with the audience.
- Video content in Amazon Stores can vary in length, offering more flexibility compared to other ad types.
- Best Practices: Use storytelling techniques, showcase a diverse range of products, and ensure the video aligns with the overall brand image.
Amazon DSP (Demand-Side Platform) Video Ads:
- Amazon DSP enables advertisers to reach audiences both on and off Amazon. Video ads through DSP can be displayed on Amazon sites, apps, and third-party websites, allowing for a broader reach.
- Advertisers have more flexibility in terms of video length and format. These videos are often part of larger display and video campaigns.
- Best Practices: Leverage audience targeting options, optimize for different placements, and ensure the video aligns with the overall campaign goals.
Amazon Live Videos:
- Amazon Live allows sellers to connect with shoppers in real-time through live-streamed videos. This interactive format is particularly effective for product launches, demonstrations, and Q&A sessions.
- Live videos can vary in length, and they appear on the Amazon Live homepage, product detail pages, and in the Amazon Live section on the mobile app.
- Best Practices: Engage with the audience, promote limited-time offers, and use live demonstrations to showcase product features.
As Amazon continues to evolve as a leading e-commerce platform, incorporating a variety of video advertising types into your marketing strategy can significantly enhance brand visibility and drive sales. Each type of video serves a specific purpose, whether it's introducing a brand, showcasing product features, or engaging with customers in real-time. By understanding the nuances of each video type and tailoring your approach to the specific goals of your campaign, you can unlock the full potential of Amazon advertising videos.