SEO for Amazon listings
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for Amazon listings revolves around improving your product's visibility within the Amazon search engine. Just as Google uses specific algorithms to rank web pages, Amazon has its own algorithm named A9. Understanding and optimizing for this algorithm can increase your product's chances of appearing higher in search results.
Here's a breakdown of best practices for Amazon listing SEO:
Use tools like Helium10, Jungle Scout, Viral Launch, or MerchantWords to identify relevant keywords for your product. Think about the terms customers would use to search for your product and prioritize them based on search volume and relevance.
- Incorporate your main keyword at the beginning of the title.
- Ensure the title is clear, descriptive, and concise.
- Follow Amazon's title format for your product category.
Bullet Points & Description:
- Incorporate secondary and long-tail keywords.
- Highlight key product features, benefits, and use cases in bullet points.
- Make the description readable, engaging, and informative. Use HTML tags if permitted in your category.
Backend Search Terms:
Add keywords that didn't naturally fit in your title or bullet points. Don't repeat words you've used in your title or bullet points. Make sure to avoid commas and keep it within the allowed character limit (usually 250 characters).
- Use high-resolution images that follow Amazon's guidelines.
- Show different angles, use infographics, lifestyle shots, and close-ups to highlight product details.
The price impacts your conversion rate. A product priced too high may deter buyers, while a product priced too low might make them question its quality.
Maintain Healthy Inventory:
Running out of stock can harm your listing's ranking.
- Encourage satisfied customers to leave positive reviews.
- Consider using Amazon's Early Reviewer Program or the Request a Review button.
- Respond to negative reviews professionally and address concerns.
Enhanced Brand Content (EBC) or A+ Content:
If you're brand registered, leverage EBC to provide richer content, including more detailed images, comparison charts, and brand storytelling.
Optimize for Mobile:
Ensure that your listing looks good on mobile devices since a significant portion of Amazon users shop on mobile.